Monday, December 28, 2009

Roy Montgomery / Grouper Split

Roy Montgomery / Grouper
(December 1, 2009 - Root Strata)

Do you like "year-end lists?" I don't either. Therefore, I won't do one. But if I did, this....THIS would be on it. I'm so excited this came in the mail today. It's a split 12" with Roy Montgomery and Grouper.
Roy Montgomery pays homage to the late, great Sandy Bull by playing Fantasia On a Theme. This is a live track that was recorded at St. Lukes in Christchurch on March 19, 2009.

On the flip side, Grouper gives us 4 new tracks--highlighted, in my humble opinion, by "Hold the Way." Dark, moody, atmospheric and just down right awesome. Listen to this now.
And just for kicks, the packaging is great and it comes with a print of Liz's artwork.

Tracklist:

1) Fantasia On a Theme By Sandy Bull (Slight Return)
2) Hollow Press
3) Vessel
4) Hold the Way
5) Pulse

Download The Split

Grouper - Hold the Way from Weston Currie on Vimeo.

1 comment:

David Johnson-Igra said...

I spoke with Annie Clarke of St Vincent, and she was telling me about Grouper. Thanks for the post--I hope you're still writing!