Thursday, July 3, 2008

Prism Of Eternal Now

White Rainbow
Prism of Eternal Now
(August 7, 2007 - Kranky)

Shit! I can't believe it's been about 5 months since I last touched this blog; not that anybody has noticed. I've been jones'n to write lately. I just returned from a month-long excursion all over Guatemala and have a little free time on my hands. I first bought this album in January (I think) and it has quietly become the sleeper hit in my collection. I constantly come back for more.

Adam Forkner, otherwise known as White Rainbow, is contributing to an already prominent music scene in Portland, Oregon. He runs the Yarnlazer cd-r label with his girlfriend, Honey Owens [Valet], a damn-good musician in her own right. He defintely dabbles in a minimalistic mindset, and is clearly influenced by the pioneer of the minimalistic school of thought, Terry Riley (even recorded a track in his honor). Don't be scared off by the length of the tracks, or the long, single-note drones. It's blissful.

White Rainbow will be playing in San Francisco July 16th. The venue has yet to be announced, but according to Mr. Forkner's website (or blog?) it will be, "somewhere within the city, but remote and strange and awesome." It's not to be missed!

Tracklisting:
  1. Pulses
  2. Middle
  3. For Terry
  4. Mystic Prism
  5. April 25th 11:14PM
  6. Warm Clicked Fruit
  7. Guitars
  8. Waves
  9. Awakening
Download Prism of Eternal Now
Recommended Tracks: "Pulses" "For Terry"

MP3: White Rainbow - “Pulses”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really no body noticed?