Saturday, December 29, 2007

Iron Curtain Innocence

Bobb Trimble
Iron Curtain Innocence
(November 6, 2007 - Secretly Canadian)

I'm finally back in the City. I'm about as sick as I've ever been though. My mild cold has turned into something worse. I'm thinking it's an ear infection but I have no professional prognosis as of yet. I've been laying in bed watching movies for the last two days, my wicker trash can overflowing with snot-filled Kleenex. The only thing I can do is write and self-loath. Fortunately, I can do both!

Now then, this psych-pop album was originally released back in 1980 where it remained under the radar, giving way to synth-happy 80s bands. The cover of the album is what attracted me to it. It's worth the gamble simply based on how cool Bobb looks with his rifle, mic, and guitar. Casual. Like countless others, Trimble was heavily influenced by the Beatles and even went as far as to write this on the back of the album:
Dear John, Paul, George and Ringo, If I'm a good boy and work real hard, may I please be the 5th Beatle someday?
Cute, right?
Trimble's music is pretty idiosyncratic with his high-pitched voice and bizarre electronic effects. Reasons his music brings Ariel Pink to mind. Thanks to Secretly Canadian for making this gem accessible to the masses.

Tracklisting:

1) Glass Menagerie Fantasies
2) Night At The Asylum
3) When The Raven Calls
4) Your Little Pawn
5) One Mile From Heaven (Short Version)
6) Killed By The Hands Of An Unknown Rock Starr
7) Through My Eyes (Hopeless As Hell: D.O.A.)
8) One Mile From Heaven (Long Version)
9) Glass Menagerie Fantasies (Demo Version)
10) Night At The Asylum (Demo Version)
11) When The Raven Calls (Demo Version)

Download Iron Curtain Innocence
Recommended Tracks: "When The Raven Calls," "One Mile From Heaven"

No comments: